This timeline leads up to the events in Book Four. Each book will have an updated timeline to include new information and newly-revealed history.
Beginning of recorded time:
- An evil being named Sauron ruled the entire galaxy from the planet Eltar. A group of Eltarians banded together using a magick force called the One Power to defeat Sauron. One of the Eltarians, Jestin, became the first Ranger.
- An Order of Masters and Rangers was established across the galaxy.
1.7-million years ago:
- A warlord named Lord Zedd came to power and used his forces to kill all the Rangers and Masters in the galaxy.
- A soldier for Zedd’s forces, Zordon, turned to the side of light. He formed a resistance against Zedd. Zordon became a Ranger, and later, a Master.
- Zordon followed an evil spirit named DaiSatan to Earth. DaiSatan attacked an ancient civilization, the Ryujinn, that lived alongside the dinosaurs. The conflict was known to the Ryujinn as the First Great War.
- The Second Great War began when DaiSatan selected Bandora as the witch to lead his forces. Zordon used the dinosaurs as a template to make a Ranger team, Zyuranger. He recruited six Ryujinn to become Rangers. Zordon banished DaiSatan and imprisoned Bandora in a pocket dimension beneath the moon’s surface.
6000 BC (8,000 years ago):
- The Daos Civilization flourished in southern China. The civilization was made up of three tribes: The Dai, Gorma, and Shura. At its peak, the civilization reached 200,000 people strong.
- A member of the Shura named Meduya stumbled upon a book that belonged to an ancient cult called the Ka’zuul, which worshipped an evil spirit known as DaiSatan. Meduya used the book to become a warlock, and he was defeated by the Gorma. The Gorma could not physically destroy the book so they kept it in their care.
4000 BC (6,000 years ago):
- A Gorma named Matoi used the book of the Ka’zuul to commune with the Mogralord, who granted the Gorma new power. Matoi took control of the Gorma and led them to attack the Dai. The two sides nearly wiped each other out during the 500 Year War. A team known as the Gosei Sentai Dairanger rose to fight the Gorma.
- A man named Master Kaku went into hiding, and with the help of Zordon, prepared for the Gorma’s return. The Shura scattered the Earth, but the last of the Dai tribe remained in China.
- Three survivors of the Dai tribe became the Three Culture Heroes of Chinese legend, the first to bring civilization to the rest of the country, around 2800 BC. They were followed by the Three Sage Kings, also survivors of the Dai tribe. These Sage Kings were said to rule with perfect clarity, wisdom, and virtue from 2350 to 2205 BC.
1600 AD (400 years ago):
- The Sanshinshou were born from The Power and selected a warrior named Ninjor as their first student to teach the art of Ninpo. Ninjor was defeated by the Youkai and sealed away in a blue vase.
- The Sanshinshou chose five ninja to become Ninja Sentai Kakuranger. They sacrificed their lives to trap the Youkai in a tomb. The Sanshinshou saved the spirits of the Kakuranger after their deaths. The Sanshinshou contacted Zordon through the Astral Plane, and Zordon sealed the spirits’ Life Energy into five Power Coins. The Kakuranger’s dispatcher, Sandaya, learned enough to become a Master, and his powers granted him a long life span. He promised Zordon he would watch over the Youkai tomb.
- Jason Scott, Zack Taylor, Billy Cranston, Trini Kwan, Kimberly Hart, Rocky DeSantos, Adam Park, and Tommy Oliver were born.
- Tommy was adopted by the Oliver family after his parents died.
- Trini’s father mysteriously disappeared. After he was pronounced dead, Sandaya took Trini to the United States to be adopted by a family.
- Elliot “Hunter” Lee was born.
- Simon Kaden, Justin Stewart, Rachel Gray, Steven “Blake” Lee, and Kou were born.
- Richie Trent’s father, a police officer in Angel Grove, was murdered. Richie swore vengeance and continued his martial arts training to one day be able to defeat his father’s killer.
- The ancient spirits of the Zyuranger gave the five Power Coins to Jason, Zack, Trini, Billy, and Kimberly to turn them into Power Rangers. They were all sophomores in high school. The Power Rangers fought against Bandora, who was freed from her imprisonment. (Book One: The Dragon’s Rise)
- In Japan, a teenager named Hikaru escaped the evil Gorgom Syndicate after it gave him the powers of Kamen Rider Black. He used the Kamen Rider powers to fight against the Syndicate. (Book Two: The Black Sun)
- A young girl named Maya and her younger brother Simon helped the Rangers track down Zordon. Maya’s grandfather had a computer packed with data about the history of Rangers in the galaxy. He was killed by Bandora’s forces before Maya could find out how he gathered the data. (Book One: The Dragon’s Rise)
- Tommy’s girlfriend Shannon was critically injured in Bandora’s first attack, and Tommy thought she was dead. Bandora placed a spell on Tommy and turned him into the Green Dragon Ranger, leader of her Dark Warlords. (Book One: The Dragon’s Rise)
-Tommy’s spell was broken and he joined the Power Rangers. He learned that Kyra, one of Bandora’s villains, was actually Shannon. She was taken from Earth and “reprogrammed” as Kyra by Bandora. Kyra/Shannon died at the hands of Goldar. (Book One: The Dragon’s Rise)
-Tommy met the Dark Man for the first time. The Dark Man was an elusive figure who could appear everywhere and knew much about the Rangers’ various conflicts. (Book One: The Dragon’s Rise)
-Bandora summoned DaiSatan back to Earth. Tommy lost his powers but was able to access his Kiryoku for the first time to kill DaiSatan. He proceeded to kill Bandora. (Book One: The Dragon’s Rise)
-The Power Coins and Dinozords returned to The Power. Zordon and Alpha returned to the planet of Eltar. (Book One: The Dragon’s Rise)
- Sensei Kaku recruited Tommy, Billy, and Kimberly, along with newcomers Rocky and Adam, to become Power Rangers and fight against an empire called the Gorma. The Rangers used their natural energy, Kiryoku, to access The Power. (Book Three: Five Stars of Heaven)
- Jason, Trini, and Zack studied in Japan for a year. They accidentally released a group of evil spirits known as the Youkai from imprisonment. Jason, Trini, and Zack, along with newcomers Jonathan and Richie, became Ninja Rangers to fight the Youkai. (Book Four: Land of the Rising Sun)